Folks some of you may already have done it, others may be in the process or are about too. What am I talking about ?
The Christmas food shopping trip.
By the time you have the ton’s of vegetables, the Turkey, Lamb , beef or what ever meat you choose for the day and beyond, the Christmas food mountain is in your shopping trolley.
Some of you will order on line, but for those who will go to the shops, there is the unloading and loading of the shopping, you have already done this 3 times before you have even got it home and into the house.
So My Question to You is Are you Prepared.
Here are 10 tips that may just help save you, from a Bad Back Injury over Christmas.
- Take extra bags with you.
- Do not over fill the bags, in fact use more bags and half fill them.
- Pack the heavier items at the front of the boot of the car, so you are not reaching over to far to pick them up when you want to take them out of the car.
- Pack the frozen and fridge Items on the back seat , this way you can take them out 1st and leave the rest while you take a break, (remember you have already done this 3 times)
- Make sure you will have help to unload when you get home.
- Do NOT over Stretch. when lifting or carrying try to use a Fluid Movement
- Make sure when lifting anything heavy, like the ton of spuds or the turkey to feed a nation, that you bend your knees and Clench your Glutes.
- Make sure you have a drink with you, no not a bottle of wine that is for later, but a bottle of water or juice.
- Remember to lift with your LEG’S NOT YOUR BACK or it may object and go into a spasm attack on you, then the Christmas Dinner will not get cooked and you will be in pain.
- Warm up muscle’s, I know what you are thinking, but a few stretches, to some of that great Christmas music out there, may well be a great saving, as cold tight muscle can only cause you pain and like our much loved crackers may just go snap.
We want you to have a great Christmas, to enjoy the festivities not be laid up in pain, so look after your self be sensible,